The National Youth Baseball Championships powered by Brita is the ultimate travel ball event created to bring the best 9U-14U teams together from around the country to crown true champions. Founded in 2008 by Chicago White Sox vice chairman and minority owner Eddie Einhorn, the NYBC moved to Long Island’s Baseball Heaven in 2014, and Steel Sports took full control of the event after the 2015 event. CBS Sports Network televises games live to a national audience while MLB.com provides a live stream online. Each qualifier champion in 9U-14U at events nationwide earn bids to play in the NYBC at the end of the summer, and the NYBC attracts the top travel ball organizations in the country annually, including the Banditos (Texas), MVP (California, Florida) and Lamorinda Baseball Club (California). While Steel Sports produces half of the NYBC qualifiers, it has partnered with other respected organizations like Nations Baseball, Game Day USA and All World Baseball to create qualifiers in specific markets.
Steel Sports aims to make the NYBC the clear-cut travel ball championship in the United States by giving the players, coaches and families a true major league experience. This will be achieved through corporate sponsorships, continued television and online coverage, extensive social media, MLB celebrity appearances, guest speakers, special events at qualifiers and Championship Week, stat tracking, giveaways, Fanfest and much more.
- Championship Week (9U-14U)
- Qualifiers Nationwide (9U-14U)
- National Sponsorships
- Elite Competition
- National Television with CBS Sports Network
- Online Streaming with MLB.com
- MLB Celebrities
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Major League Experience
- Opening Ceremonies/Festivals/Fanfest
- National Team Rankings (11U-14U)
- 12U All-Star Game
- In 2015, there were 47,200 attendees at the NYBC at Baseball Heaven.
- In 2015, approximately 1,025 teams and over 12,000 players from 26 states competed in nationwide qualifiers and the championship week combined.
- CBS Sports Network is available to over 96 million homes nationwide, and the network broadcasted 12 games live in 2015.
- The 12 broadcasted games in 2015 were streamed over 135,000 times on MLB.com
- Hall of Fame manager Tommy Lasorda, former player and manager Bobby Valentine and two-time National League All-Star and current Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker attended the 2015 NYBC.
- In 2015, Brita® signed on as the NYBC’s title sponsor through 2017.